If you are a local business owner or a small business marketer, want to grow your small business or want to grow your client’s business by doing digital marketing then you are in the right place.
Things that we will cover in this article: Do small businesses really need digital marketing? Is it worth doing? If yes, then what are the benefits of using digital marketing for small businesses and How do small businesses do digital marketing? And Which marketing is best for small businesses?
Please don’t miss any section as I will cover everything in a most simple manner.
So let’s start without wasting any time.
1. Do small businesses need digital marketing?
- YES, There is no doubt in it. As a small business marketer or a small business owner, even if you don’t have that much budget, you can still do digital marketing. You can start with small money or you can do it for free as well, if you have the right knowledge about it. It increases your online presence,visibility and takes you to the right customer who needs your product and service online.
2. Why should small businesses use digital marketing?
- It is a digital Era. Everyone is online nowadays. Mobile uses have increased dramatically after the jio revolution and have taken the majority of the customers online and increased their online presence.
- Covid has increased the online presence of customers. Covid restriction has increased the pace to it and has forced the people to order pronline.
- Due to covid the offline sales has decreased and online sales has increased drastically. After covid it has become a necessity now for small business owners.
- Large fishes are now eating small fishes. Big companies are eating many small independent business owners as they have big funds to spend on marketing and they know the importance of digital marketing. If small owners will not realise the power of marketing then they will be far left behind by the big companies.
3. How do small businesses do digital marketing vs How they should actually do it.
Have you ever talked to some local small business owners about how they are doing digital marketing of their business? You will not be surprised to know that they are only focusing on social media as they think customers are only on social media so it is good to promote there. And they are very resistant to spend on ads and even if they spend they spend on social media rather than Google Ads.
They never focus on trust, brand building and never try to build relations by proving with their customer. That is why they are far behind
As we all know that small businesses have a very limited budget so having the right strategy for marketing is very important. Good Strategy should have immediate and high ROI.
4. Which marketing is best for small business?
It is very important to know What is the best promotional strategy for small businesses that they can follow for maximum ROI as their Marketing budget is very tight. So you have to be very careful about choosing the right strategies.
Google My Business (GMB):
It is the most underrated marketing channel of digital marketing
They don’t know the actual power of google my business.
If I could suggest one thing that every small business owner should do, at any cost to boost their local small business and to scale their business is to create and optimize Google my business profile.
- It’s Totally Free- Google doesn’t charge any fees in creating and maintaining your google my business profile.
- It will help you to compete with big brands with larger budgets by placing you on top of google search engine result page for local search queries.
- Use the Google My Business profile to attract high quality hot leads that are easy to convert
- Advertise yourself on Google rather than on social media:
If you have a small budget to spend, you should always promote yourself on google rather than on social media.
Use social media for building trust in your brand by asking your customer to tag you and leave a review on your social media handle. You can create offers for customers who can do that for you. And just keep posting images and videos by yourself only.
And a good website makes a brand look more genuine and trustworthy. Just make a small one-page WordPress website so that you can build trust and provide more information to your desired customer about your business. So it is very much recommended for you to create a small website.
Online reviews are how today’s consumers discover, evaluate, and trust businesses.
Do you remember any scenario where you want to buy a new product and service and you have never seen a review of a customer who has already used it? I think the answer is NO. Reviews are the first and the most important section of trust-building. So start taking reviews from today itself and take care of your online reputation.
Here are the best promotional strategies for small businesses that any small business owner and marketer can follow for better ROI.
5. Content marketing for small businesses.
As we discussed above the power of google hot leads. If you want people to know more about your business organically without spending on google ads. then you should have your content marketing.
You should start blogging and posting useful content on your website and on any other website regularly. So that the right customer can find you by reading your content.
It increases your online presence when people are looking for knowledge and product and service and you rank on google and provide exactly that.
For a small business, you should focus more on Long tail keywords for writing content on your blog as they are easy to rank for.
6. Benefits of video marketing for small businesses.
Have you ever wondered how TikTok has gained so much traction in so little time? It was the fastest growing social media platform before it was banned in some countries like India & US etc. The answer to this question is very simple; it was purely based on videos.
Here the attraction level with type of content
Text << Images<< Video
We always prefer this format when it comes to holding our attention to some content. We are more attracted to video than images and images than text.
So the use of video is a must if you want to create content and want your audience to see your message. That is why video marketing is one of the hottest topics in today’s time.
So in this article Step by Step Guide on Digital Marketing For Small Businesses we can conclude that Marketing is a necessity for any kind of business especially after the startup boom, jio revolution and covid. It is high time that small businesses have to understand that by ignoring digital marketing they cannot survive or beat large big companies that are doing exactly what they are doing.
It is not necessary that for marketing digitally small businesses have to spend a very big budget. They can do it for free or at a very low cost if they have the right knowledge. Right strategies with good ROI are very important as their budget is very tight.
Thank you for staying this long. I hope I have added some value to your life.
If you want to read indepth articles on Digital Marketing then here are some related blog post
If you found this article helpful and enjoyed reading it, please give feedback and also let me know your experience through your valuable comments 😉